Senior Software Engineer
Rayonix, LLC is seeking a talented senior level software engineer to develop high speed X-ray imaging and camera control applications, based in our office in Evanston, Illinois.
We are an established company with a 20 year history of developing, manufacturing, and servicing X-ray detectors for challenging scientific applications. Much of our current efforts focus on R&D of a new generation of high frame rate detector, under a project funded by a $5M grant that Rayonix was awarded by the Department of Energy.
We are a smaller company and therefore require a motivated person with a broad background, capable of working independently, and handling several large and small projects, and managing the time between them. Part of the job will also require collaborating with and supporting customer scientists and engineers in various other countries.
The Senior Software Engineer will be able to check as many of these boxes as possible:
- Expert in C++ development in Linux environment
- Knowledge of Python and scripting
- Knowledge of GUI development – Qt/Tk
- Camera control, scientific instrumentation control, and/or machine control
- Image processing, image correction, digital signal processing algorithms
- High performance computing
- Client-server control methodologies, API design
- Linux device driver development
- Troubleshooting and debuggers (gdb)
- Software versioning systems (git)
- Multi-threading and GPU performance optimization
- Maintenance of older software code base (C/C++)
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science, engineering, science, or mathematics (advanced degree preferred)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Available for domestic and international travel (travel requirement less than 10%)
While our work is quite complex, our work life is very simple: We are casual, fun, flexible, hard working, and committed to being the very best at what we do.
Rayonix, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary, benefits, casual work environment.
Email resume to: email@example.com
1880 Oak Ave, Ste. 120
Evanston, IL 60201